The University of Toronto expects its students to write well, and it provides a number of resources to help them.
You are eligible to work with the writing centre at the college or campus where you’re registered. If you take CRI or IRE courses, you may also take assignments from that course to the Woodsworth College writing centre. Here is the contact information:
- Innis College Writing Centre, Innis College, Rooms 315 and 321.
- New College Writing Centre, Wilson Hall, Rooms 2045 and 2047.
- St. Michael’s Writing Centre, Kelly Library Learning Commons.
- Trinity College Writing Centre, Trinity College, Academic Resource Centre, Room 3.
- University College Writing Centre, UC Library, Rooms 214, 216, and 218.
- Victoria College Writing Centre, Northrop Frye Hall 103, Room A and Room B.
- Woodsworth College Academic Writing Centre, Woodsworth College, Room 214.
Support for multilingual students is available through the Faculty of Arts & Science’s English Language Learning program.
Find out about Writing Plus, the free group workshops given by the downtown college writing centres.